Vision & MissionOur vision is a world free of lung disease.
Our mission is to save lives by improving lung health and preventing lung disease.
It’s no small battle when you consider the facts:
- Lung cancer is the leading cancer killer in the U.S.
- More than 160,000 Americans die from lung cancer each year
- Asthma is the leading cause of school absenteeism
- Tobacco use is the leading preventable cause of death in America, resulting in more than $96 billion in healthcare costs annually
- More than 186 million Americans live with unhealthy levels of ozone or particle pollution
Through advocacy, education, research and intervention, the American Lung Association of the Upper Midwest is hard at work in our Fight for Air to help you breathe easier.
We will breathe easier when the air in every
American community is clean and healthy.
We will breathe easier when people are free from the addictive
grip of tobacco and the debilitating effects of lung disease.
We will breathe easier when the air in our public spaces and
workplaces is clear of secondhand smoke.
We will breathe easier when children no longer
battle airborne poisons or fear an asthma attack.
Until then, we are Fighting for Air.