The American Lung Association of the Upper Midwest
The American Lung Association of the Upper Midwest is part of the national American Lung Association and serves Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota and Wisconsin. We have been awarded a Four-Star Charity Navigator rating, the highest rating possible, and are proud to be one of the few charities spending 87 cents of every dollar on programs, services and research.
We have grown up with more than three generations of Americans, helping your children, families, neighbors and friends to fight lung disease and unhealthy air.
The American Lung Association of the Upper Midwest continues to help millions of people with:
- Active with Asthma Camp – a fun camp experience where children ages 8-13 learn to better manage and control their asthma
- Asthma 101 – a program based in schools to help alleviate asthma incidents in children
- Better Breathers Clubs – helping people better manage their COPD
- The Lung Helpline (1-800-LUNG-USA) – a toll-free resource of registered nurses and respiratory therapists answering lung health and tobacco-cessation questions
- Freedom from Smoking – the gold standard in quit-smoking programs
- Healthy Air Efforts – advocating for smoke-free legislation, stronger clean air standards, lower power plant emissions and cleaner vehicles and fuels
- Lung Disease Research Grants –funding efforts to find better treatments, and ultimately, cures for lung disease
- Tobacco-Free Campus Programs – to help campuses become healthier environments for learning
- And much, much more.
We are committed to saving lives by improving lung health and preventing lung disease. Through research, education and advocacy, we are dedicated to the Fight for Air.
American Lung Association Vehicle Donation Program
Your old car gives new hope. By donating a vehicle to the American Lung Association of the Upper Midwest, you’re helping sustain our mission to save lives by improving lung health and preventing lung disease. The process is quick and easy, and donations in your state fund local programs and services in the fight for healthy lungs and air.
The American Lung Association Vehicle Donation Program is one of the oldest vehicle donation programs in the Midwest and is sponsored by one of the most reputable charities in the country. When you support our organization by donating a vehicle, you can trust where your dollars go.
Every vehicle donated to the American Lung Association helps supports our research, education and advocacy as we continue the ongoing Fight for Air.